SURGICAL DATE PLANNED MARCH 16, 2022 AND I AM SO LUCKY!
Yippeekayay! I have a surgical date for 3/16/2022. Of course all of this is up to possible change related to COVID, staffing, dipshits that didn’t get vaccinated using up beds instead of living their lives, all of that. Also it is up to whether or not they try to fix any of my other spinal issues at the time.
So, I will continue to update everyone about the plans as time goes on and PHil or I can update you post op on this blog.
By the way I also want to make perfectly clear to myself and everyone that I am SO SO LUCKY That I was able to find Henderson’s EDS clinic through the literature and my EDS websites, and that we have the ability to be able to fly there and stay in a hotel etc. Even though this is expensive, money doesn’t help much if you are dead (I assume since I am not yet there.) But really how many patients have that ability to search the literature etc. in order to find the right person? Not many. So if there is ever a post that I am whining remember that is just me being too sore at the moment to remember how fortunate I am. I can be a spoiled brat if I give myself the chance! Yes I can!
They will take my skull and fix it from behind, also use my own bone marrow aspirate to make a sludge which they use from cadaver bone and make a new skull/spinal juncture from C0-C2. As you can see it is pretty amazing. Dr. Henderson is the one who developed this special spinal structure and it has been well documented in the literature. If you want to look it up, I have Chiari Malformation and Atlanto-Axial Instability.
Okey Dokey! Getting ready for surgery! Lots of things to do pre-op including labs, EKG, etc. etc. Yippee! There is hope for the future!
Comments
Post a Comment