Update:we confirm 3/16 date for surgery! Dates/Places

 February 28

Just talked with my lovely doctor.  The March 16th date is a go.   They need to FIRST fix the base of my skull and the Cervical 0 to Cervical 2.  THEN in 3 to 6 month they can tell if I need to have an ACDF (anterior cervical discectomy with fusion) to fix C2 to C4. (I have a c4-6 fusion already).   THIS possible ACDF surgery can be done locally based on how my neck/hands etc do post op.  The C0-C2 with Chiari Malformation Decompression cannot be done locally since Henderson is the one that invented that procedure/architecture for EDS pts.  So, away we go on our plans! I am relieved but also knew this would not be the end of my surgeries.  Hoping this one gives me some relief and I get a respite to exercise, get out in the fresh air, and build up the neck bone!  Remember that I have to do this surgery as my neck rotates too far  which is more than 40 degree turning impinges on the vertebral artery and mine are impinged at 53 degrees and 59 degrees. 

Here are the plans:

1)  PM of 3/12 Phil and I get our PCR tests.  

2) Early AM of 3/13 (Sunday) we fly on Alaska Air from SFO to DCA.  

We stay at Homewood Suites in Largo MD very close to the Un.of MD Capital Medical Center.  

3) Monday/Tuesday we do final medical visits, etc.  Ready to Roll!

4) Wednesday March 16 is surgery.    Hospital stay is estimated 3-5 days.  

5) Based on how well I do, we fly back to SFO the first week of April for ongoing recovery, depending on how Dr. Naranayan thinks I am doing and when I can fly.  

Do not worry no one has died from this so far! OK? 



Comments

  1. Thanks so much for this update. Prayers ongoing o goddess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally some real help for you! You will be in my prayers and I will add you to our church prayer list

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

9 Weeks! Update

MADE IT HOME~!

Notes to EDS Patients having this surgery