3/28 and 12 days post surgery
I am truly finally doing better at night. I even slept through an alarm (I am known to do this….) so I can wait and make times longer between meds. I am still and eternally will be SO RELIEVED that there is no longer a giant with huge vices squeezing my head. He is gone forever I HOPE. This current pain is surgical, muscles and nerves cut, etc. I am swallowing better although I think learning how to work effectively with the swallow incoordination will take time. I an trying to get soft thick liquids down which is working. Thanks again to Susan for the soups and treats!
In 2 days it will be 2 weeks since surgery! I am just so so glad it is done. With BA2 rising it could have been another full hospital and. No beds again. I had lovely darling nurses (all but one) and they were so helpful! And the entire surgical team has been wonderful. It is good to know that SOMEWHERE in the US medical personnel know about hEDS!
Phil is perfecting his surgical dressing change technique and is planning ahead. He even congratulated me on my choices of dressings! I graciously accepted.
So whaddyathink about those Oscars! Oh MY gives ppl something to discuss other than COVID and Sadly Ukraine. Hoping Putin sees he has to withdraw. I can only deal with about 5 min of news a day right now. Have to try to heal! Thank you for all your thoughts, prayers, honorable mentions! Whatever positive!
There’s always one nurse that sucks just a little joy out of a hospital stay, isn’t there. Makes you want to recommend a different line of work for them, doesn’t it?
ReplyDeleteI love your updates and look forward to hearing about your progress daily. It’s astonishing that 12 days has passed…but I bet it doesn’t feel that way to you.
Keep fighting the good fight (but do it with drugs!). Sending you lots of love.
I am so happy to hear you are improving. You deserve to be living your best life and dancing on table tops
ReplyDelete