Doctor Took Out a Couple of Staples, Romberg Improvement
One more step closer to being better! One week post op plus first visit to doc for stitches; only had to deal with temporary removal of Phil’s excellent and expert dressing then Dr. Naranayan took out the drain staples which I appreciated since they are pretty biting into ones’ back. Has been rough with the post op pain/nausea management which is normal anyway with a surgery such as this. I have to actually set an alarm and be my own night nurse so I don’t let the pain get beyond the point that it takes so much time and half the day to get it back to a reasonable point. However on the good side was that when I was up at 0330 trying to get pain control closer to being able to sleep, I started my high school classmate’s book (Julie Selbo’s Piazza Carousel) and it is really great! Thanks Pat L for bringing this for me! It was just right at 0330 when watching CNN would not be. Tomorrow we will attempt to get some of the blood/surgical mess out of my remaining hair with dry shampoo (No water around the incision yet.)
I am so so lucky to have found such a lovely surgeon who is so authentic and collaborative and kind! Already my Romberg sign is better (because I had terrible/increasing ataxia) as is dizziness and the top of head/face/pain. We are still unsure about brain fog but after I get through the post op period we can see ow that is/isn’t resolving.
One Step at a Time! Signing out from Largo MD where the cherry/apple trees have been in bloom and some are in between bloom/leafing. I will have to get some photos!
Comments
Post a Comment