Dr. N. approves me to fly home Saturday!

 Yippeee! So ready to brave the airport and then get home! We got meds, plan for CT in May in Santa Rosa to be then sent to Dr. N before she leaves for India.  No actual shampoo/shower until a month out! April 13th basically. Ongoing dressing changes.  The sutures are the dissolving type and she expects some to pucker. God forbid that there would be a mar in my scar! I have to stay off of Celebrex for 3 months unless I can find any articles that would allow me to take it earlier.  (Will research; this will make a big deal of the joint issues with the rest of my body.)   She will also give me photos of my innards and my weird bones up there after that. Just wondered how it looked to look at… Since the fascia is “shredded” (and not in a good way like really buff).   

Was able to eat an excellent and healthy almond flour brownie with tea this afternoon.  I can slowly gum it down when there is a will there is a way! At least I did not have to use the power drill mixer thingie Phil bought for it! 

So:  I have to heal up there in that space and fuse! I will be getting teaching about my electrical bone stimulator tomorrow AM. 

Very excited to leave! Although! Thank you Maryland and DC and friends! Could not have made it this far without you! And thanks to Dr. Naranayan and the Henderson EDS clinic and the University of MD Medical Center Capital Regional! 

Comments

  1. I’m so happy for you, Ruth. Click you red heels. There’s no place like home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ruth...just catching up with you...sorry...after time away with my sister and San Diego family. First...so happy you still have your wonderful potty mouth. I would not know you without it. And super excited you are doing so much better and ready to come home. Safe travels and enjoy your home and bed and chair and coffee!! You know ...I am always here for you!! oooxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great news, Ruth. I hope you have a safe and peaceful trip--HOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Travel home safely tomorrow. It will feel so wonderful to sleep in your own bed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

9 Weeks! Update

MADE IT HOME~!

Notes to EDS Patients having this surgery