Greetings,

I promised a short and boring post today, and I’m living up to my promise! Ruth is now having a “normal” postoperative course, with pain and nausea, but at an expected level. The nurse asked her this morning what her pain level was, and Ruth said not too bad… about 5 or 6. The nurse said, “5 or 6 is pretty bad!” But Ruth has been at a pain level 8 or 9 constantly for the past several months, so everything is relative!

Ruth is coming back to the hotel tomorrow, and we will spend 2 weeks in the hotel before flying back to SFO. (Follow-up visit with neurosurgeon right before we return to CA.) Ruth is on a clear liquid diet, and she pointed out to the neurosurgeon that vodka is a clear liquid. But the surgeon didn’t buy it! What a spoilsport! 

By the way, when Ruth observed that the worst part of this whole thing was the prospect of eating Phil’s cooking for 2 weeks, I knew she was feeling better!

Hoping for another short and boring post tomorrow! Thanks so much for all your healing thoughts and your prayers! Ruth and I REALLY appreciate it! 

Phil


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

9 Weeks! Update

MADE IT HOME~!

Notes to EDS Patients having this surgery