Icelandic Princess is in Surgery
Greetings Earthlings, This is Phil trying out the Blog. (Ruthie gave me a tutorial last night!) She has been in surgery for about 2 hours, and it will probably be 2 to 3 more hours of surgery. (They have to remove part of her skull (in the back) to make room for her humongous brain (as she puts it) and then install the plate that screws into her skull to attach rods to her cervical vertebrae. So it’s pretty complex.
Ruth made friends with all the nurses, etc. and asked her neurosurgeon if she had plenty of coffee. I heard the neurosurgeon tell Ruth that Ruth had to assess the nursing practice at the hospital and write a report. Ruth said she would be happy to! I’ll send more information in a few hours when I know more.
Thanks for the update, Phil. I’ve been sending you both healing, loving thoughts this morning.
ReplyDeleteUndoubtedly, the entire medical staff will be hanging out in her room post-op to enjoy her joyous sense of humor. Must be that humongous brain.