IT’S DAY SIX AND AT CONVALESCENT HOTEL
YIPPEEEEEE!! SO HAPPY TO BE OUT OF THE HOSPITAL WITH IT’S CODES AD BELLS AND BEEPS AND BACK TO QUIET AND RESTFUL NAPS A THE HOMEWOOD SUITES!
The only thing I miss abt the hospital is the wonderful adaptability for the Hill Rom beds and of course my adorable caregivers! Phil and I got finally discharged in the PM and were exhausted Just by the process. We are now at eight calls between Walgreens and us re; our meds and trying to get something I need that I didn’t have from CA. Sigh.
However I do think it is some easier for me to swallow anything and to use my voice; still using a straw and liquids or thicks. I do think my overall dizziness is less than prior to surgery already even at this weakened state. There are chunks of skin sores etc on various parts of skull so that they could pull my head up and out laterally, get the Chiari reduced and to fuse the base of the skull so that there is not ongoing slippage onto the vasculature in the area such as vertebral arteries.
I feel very certain that all these positive changes will continue forward and will hope that all the other new improvements keep floating in!
My Lesson again! be grateful that you DO have an appetite and that food tastes good! Be grateful we have the ability to help people like me that would have had no hope several years ago. All of this has happened in the fullness of time for thosen present and paying attention, serendipitous and with lots of input and participation of ppl who wanted to be involved!
I walked for 15 minutes today! WITH PHILIP HOLDING ON TIGHTLY!
These are flowers back home on our deck in Santa Rosa, you can see where friend Gray Squirrel ate bulbs….Oxoxoxo
Too bad you couldn't manage the pasta but we'll get you something you can both eat and enjoy on Wednesday. Something smooth and cool and chocolate!
ReplyDeleteI think we may need to nominate Phil as a candidate for sainthood. He'd be a shoo-in.
All such great news and progress. You are the warrior princess, Ruth, and Phil is your knight. You are both shining and blessed. Take good care you two! xoxo nikki
ReplyDeleteI love your flowers 🌸 and I’m excited for your adventurous twirl with Phil at your side. I’m sorry that your not able to swallow with ease yet. Hope you’re able to find something soon so you can keep up your strength.
ReplyDelete