MARCH 12: ON OUR WAY TO DC! We are DOING THIS!

 March 12, 2022

 

Up at 0340 (0240 internally b/c it is “Daylight Savings Dark as Hell Morning”) and off to airport.  “Dark as the inside of a cow” as Grandpapa used to say, and foggy too as we drive into SF dawn. Decided it was much cheaper to take a town car into SFO than driving and parking, and none of our friends have good eyes for inside-of-cow driving on glazed streets and/or comfortable cars for me at this moment.

 

 As one of you said; the marathon toward a better life begins. We got our PCRs yesterday PM and we await the results.  

 

The never-lying CVS pharmacist (#2 after nurses in Most Trusted Profession) told us results would be in 24-48 hours so one hopes they did not screw it up. 

 

How to read the blog:  I have been telling ppl to read the blog for details and ppl do not know how to read Blogger. (SHEESH. I forgot.)   You hit the link to the blog and look to the right, left, or upper (Depending on your particular computer)  for additional postings as they are dated.

The one I would like you to peruse is the one with the Zebra about EDS and specifically my particular genetic mutation. Yes— as you always expected— I am a Ginger Mutant. (And, yes the Fargo Milkman was a redhead but I DO look like my dad).  

 

The reason I would like you to peruse the information on EDS (if you are interested enough and have time to do so) is because you can see that this one surgery is essential to keep living (you cannot live long w tattered or shredded spinal arteries) and it is very HARD to keep living with one’s brain being folded over and falling out of one’s skull while putting pressure on all the nerves below in their narrowed (stenotic) canals.  One gets nausea/dizziness/pain/loss of limb function and sensation/visual and auditory disturbances, but most importantly, excruciating pain and pressure in head/neck/shoulders.   The other reason is that I hate to disappoint people and I try NEVER to do so when I have made a commitment. (And I made a commitment to try to entertain you til I am at least 90!)  This particular surgery, while absolutely necessary and also over 90% successful at reducing some symptoms, is not going to make me like a newborn lamb jumping and gamboling over a dewy field.  I often “look ok” but I am never not in pain in some joints or dealing with nerve pain in various limbs.  And this upcoming surgery is not going to fix the EDS, but only this one portion of the sequelae of having mutant internal metabolism and building of ligaments and joints. So unless Jesus or Mohammed or The Mother Goddess personally helps my surgeon and does one of the “water into wine” type miracles, this surgery is only the beginning. (I would hope no wine before they operate, b/c that would be unprofessional.) 


Ok? So please no more sad crap,  because I am ready for this, excited for this, and I really have no other reasonable choice to make.   I know you are sad that I am in this shape (*SO am I!) l am of course thrilled and grateful people love me and are sending loves, prayers, hopes, and thoughts! And also, I get to be the one crying when I need to, OK? (“It’s my surgery and I will cry if I want to!” HAHAH I crack myself up.)   I am a tough badass Icelandic Shield Maiden and if I cannot do this no one can! (Or Princess or Queen or whatever I am confused and am on a ton of Norco)

Loves back atcha!


PS Phil cannot possibly keep up with everyone’s calls and texts plus the ones on my phone ok? HE HAS TO FOCUS ON ME ME MEEEE!  So please do not feel left out. Just check the blog and get updates. He is already stressed out and this is my one way to help him b/c after all he got stuck with a mutants girl 37 years ago.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9 Weeks! Update

MADE IT HOME~!

Notes to EDS Patients having this surgery