Negative COVID test! And a rant.
We made it to DC!!! Finally. OVER A YEAR OF WAITING FOR getting me fixed to “normal.” (HAHA that will never happen!) Lovely funny pilot etc but the variation of altitude on the plane was excruciating. I really hope for the last time. But I am so effing miserable.
We got here, luggage intact, NEGATIVE COVID PCRS! YAY!
BUT! On the rental car bus, which we took b/c it was too cold for me to sit (no outside seating, outside the freezing cold and Ruthie Irene CA gal left her gloves and head wrap in the luggage b/c it was 75 at home.) PACKED with PPL.
Everywhere in airport mask wearing was required. Big tall very well-dressed guy manspreading across two seats in bus when there were no seats. I had to sit by him. No mask.
I said pleasantly “WHoops! You forgot to put your mask back on after being outside!”
He says “No I did not, are we required to here?”
Everyone else has masks on and are staring at him.
I said, “yes, out of respect for the immunosuppressed like me and those of us having brain surgery in two days.”
“Don’t you know masks are useless anyway? We don’t wear masks where I (emphasis) come from.” He pulls up a sodden one-thickness cloth mask.
“Well you are right, yours is worthless, but luckily mine is an N-95 and is very effective.” I glared at him, carefully pulled my hair back over my ear using my middle finger (the international gesture of peace), and as soon I could, moved away from the selfish asswipe. I did not say “about 1500 ppl a day are still dying from COVID” because I hadn’t checked death data for a couple of days and did not want to get into a gaslighting blame conversation.
I wanted to say: “Unfortunately a mask doesn’t help with an epidemic of stupid.” I also feel like it is probable that should he try to get into fisticuffs with an elderly shield maiden with a hard neck brace on, that other ppl on the bus would have come to my rescue if I couldn’t have taken him down? At least from the looks in their eyes they were on my side because they were at least trying to be in community with respect for each other.
What do you think? I could have taken him down verbally even in my fog.
In any case the hotel gave us the wrong type of room for post op; but my lovely friends Barbara and Larry had left a gorgeous bouquet and tons of food and snacks! I wept! And Susan my Fargo next door neighbor is BAKING COOKIES! Love abounds.
Comments
Post a Comment