Rough night but better day
So it was post op day 6 if I can still count (Which may be iffy) and rough night. Up most of the night and never comfortable enough except to fall into a rapid deep sleep for about a 1/2hr. Tried to get medications correctly to get this under control. Decided I must use the ketorolac. So using my pharmicist’s instruction I tried to shove enough liquid/thicks down my gullet to be able to take the pills. Not fun and very nauseated but the zofran and a trusty chemo aromatherapy helped. Finally got the pain to a reasonable point and slept much of the day. Quick dressing change (everything looks good for tomorrow’s meeting w Dr. N.) and took a couple laps down the hall. Susan brought lovely home made pudding which was the only thing I could eat to get those pills down! Thank you! Phew! So just think good thoughts about a quiet comfortable night!
Oh and our friend Barbara (*Auntie Zorra to some of you!) sent a lovely cowbell for me to use to get Phil up to do things for me! Peel me a grape! (I think Larry had nothing to do with this!) But Do picture Felipe running around quickly to fulfill every wish!
Oh plus I want to be clear that the surgery has already helped a ton with the head and face intense pressure AND the dizziness. So despite surgical site pain and refining the muscles that were attached in various parts of my upper neck, already I am SO GRATEFUL that I don’t’ feel like my eye were Going to pop out of my head or that my ear canals were bleeding! This is good.
The pain is normal postop pain. Plus the other areas of my back and neck were affected by the immobility and surgical positioning (on my face prone for about 5 hrs.)!
Friends like Barbara can be totally depended on! Poor Phil.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the video although I do wonder how Felipe feels about it...lol
ReplyDelete