Slow Steady Progress AND a Kitchen Appliance
What does one do when it’s unclear how to get a person to consume nutritious food b/c of swallowing incoordination? BUY A NEW APPLIANCE! Yessiree. In fact Costco (which is close to the hotel) has a Hand Blender which could blend the soups etc so I can swallow them by using a straw! Philip went out and located this hand blender which will also be useful back at home.
I myself am mostly sleeping or reading with short indoor walks. The muscle spasms are bad enough that I really cannot forego the meds for them even though I get loopy and sleepy. Have not been seeing any whales or dolphins like I did when on Flexeril and morphine though, I am happy to say. Phil has been shopping for groceries, doing laundry, dishes, etc. Luckily he is OK being at the hotel quietly!
Have to go take another nap! Don’t worry I am forcing myself to drink fluids, walk, do the incentive spirometer, eat as much as I can, all those recovery tasks.
So glad you’re resting. Not easy for a natural hard-worker like you. ❤️
ReplyDeleteWay to go Ruth. You're the best nurse for yourself.
ReplyDelete