Sunday AM and Still at Hospital. Maybe today discharge?
Well.Finally HERSELF is able to at least type enough to update you. Yesterday we waited to be discharged as per plan and yet I had too much drainage to be able to take out the drains. And we have just now been getting a regular pain program that works even thru the multiple sets of issues due to what is in their formulary. They had not been giving me some meds and as we decided to try very low does flexeril do? OK THAT gives me hallucinations and I observed to PHil that dolphins and whales are coming out of the ocean…..He was a bit worried. I also pointed out the gas exchange coming out of the top of furniture. I didn’t realize I said it w my outside voice. I suspect the combo of the meds with break through pain being treated by 2 of morphine could have been the culprit. Also as always I make observations of the hospital systems. I note Nurses do shift hand off at the bedside along side their aides. Their report board is very similar to those we introduced in the hospitals the Hansten Healthcare team worked with. Many codes, codes blue and greens, and one next door last night. It was handled professionally and quietly. I don’t think I ever led a code quitely—-but then you shld definitely let the heavens know someone’s a coming round the bend so different end results can fix the situation if it should be? Sorry medical humor)
Food very possibly could be good but I just cannot safely eat much without aspiration and nothing has looked good to me. This response to being intubated in the OR for so long creates thick phlegm swelling and soreness —-and only a few things can go down my gullet at this point. This is definitely getting better here on post op day 5!
When I am awake and see I have made it through the surgery successfully I get so excited and happy over and over again. We are on our way!
I’m so excited for you, Ruth, hallucinations and all. Your dressing looks like it makes for a nice zipper on the back of your neck. You never cease to amaze me. You’re so strong and courageous. I’m pulling for you!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, shift handoff at the bedside was one of my favorite things during my hospitalization. As a former nurse it was comforting to hear plus I could add my 2 cents if anything, no matter how small, was overlooked.
DeleteYou're on your way, Ruthie! I rejoice with you! You go, miraculous, brave, Ruthie. We are all so thankful and relieved. Blessings and prayers, dear Ruth.
ReplyDelete