who would have thought I would be Post op in Maryland? REframing!

Phil wants me to post his dressing job. I think I should post the photo on the fridge. Sigh. 

 Here I am thinking: Had I posted every dressing I ever did over 50 years as a nurse  (Of course against HIPAA) it would be quite the album!

And here comes my thought for the day (and honestly after we are done with doc visit and get home I won’t constantly post here! ppl would be so so bored!) but I was thinking yesterday how often during the last 50 years I would have given anything to have a few days to just read frivolous fun novels and/or watch flix that I like (maybe even a Hallmark Holiday Movie out of season!) and I would be so excited that it is a vacation! And now just because I have a big incision in my skull and neck and I have to retrain my swallowing and my walking endurance I am a whiner! Right? So if we see this as a vacay in MD (It is too cold here for my taste even though the cherry blossoms were gorgeous) it is a very different viewpoint and feeling.  I actually enjoyed my reading and naps yesterday way more after I thought through this reframing.   Plus I have always reframed this experience as a way to be sure that hEDS was publicized and familiarized because so many people have likely had to search for help but w/o the ability to find the EDS clinic and/or publications.   We are certainly fortunate! 

PS I was able to walk twice with help for about 15 minutes and was able to get my pulse toward normal after the second walk. Have to prepare for walking in airport. 

Comments

  1. Wow! You are really doing so well, Ruth. Isn’t it interesting what a victory the seemingly small things are.

    Kudos to Phil on his dressing. I’m thinking he can move up to Xmas gift wrapping this year.

    You’re in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

9 Weeks! Update

MADE IT HOME~!

Notes to EDS Patients having this surgery