5 WEEKS POST OP
5 WEEKS! Yessiree! Yesterday I was able to walk slowly almost a full mile while today less than 70%, just too sore at the time. My incision continues to heal—still very itchy and scabby around the dissolvable sutures. If I could actually see this myself Nurse Ruth would have cleaned it up. Pretty sure it will take more weeks before I can sit and have someone work on my hair tugging and pulling.
I find I cannot take intellectual focus for more than about 40 minutes; I had to go back to bed during a zoom class. My naps ARE tending to be shorter and less frequent so I can be up a bit longer so that all shows progress.
I am SO thankful I can swallow better….I still feel kind of congested but I find I could slowly chew and swallow a tortilla w cheese and ham today without blending it! Wooohoooooo!! Always remembering my bone stimulator also each day so hopefully all this protein and calcium means healing!
I still do not know how traveling in a car might be (jostling etc) but I do know that head exploding nerve pain is not there. Pain now is like surgical as if someone had taken a small sledgehammer (deep ache) and then the cut muscles/nerves etc. and going down from left cheek to my shoulder is the only remaining head/neck nerve pain. Sometimes I have nerve pain also on the right but both areas are still quite swollen from the surgery. Incisional pain is really not an issue. I have been sleeping pretty well (only up once a night mostly) with minimal medications. It is such a relief even though the other joint issues of course remain.
Hopefully this account will help others who are having this surgery to plan their work, travel, recovery timing.
The saying, “I feel your pain” is certainly not appropriate here. You are a real inspiration to all who know you and learn from you. How you maintain your sense of humor in the middle of this pain amazes me. Keep fighting the good fight.
ReplyDelete