Almost 3 weeks post op!

Hi I am so happy to be home! I am sleeping A LOT.   This seems to necessary but also the way I tend to heal, of course.   I am finding now that I can get thru a whole night w/o pain meds and also I have been able to eat by chopping up food and/or blending it. Still cannot swallow well.   Had to go to bed at 7PM (of course we were on East Coast for 3 weeks) But i was just tachycardic and weak.  Today was able to walk slowly a half a mile, average HR 87.  It is getting some better. Basically just day to day and seeing some small improvements.  Ataxia way better, balance way better, brain fog better! Nausea better also. 

It is SO nice to be at home! Matthew is here helping and doing chores and getting groceries, food, dishes etc. etc. It is also great for me to have someone to babysit me while Phil does his thing b/c he has had to be completely watching over me constantly! 

I cannot believe we are almost 3 weeks out from surgery! I go see primary care tomorrow.   (PS I don’t care if no one reads this this is for me to remember the progress for anyone else having this procedure!)



Comments

  1. I’m going to read your updates and celebrate every milestone with you. Your progress is A BFD! Keep going. Rest. Move. Rest. Move. What a difference each day makes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

9 Weeks! Update

MADE IT HOME~!

Notes to EDS Patients having this surgery