Almost a MONTH since surgery
Well. Mostly I sleep. Not kidding. I nap at least 4x a day and most of the rest of the time I am either on couch or in favorite chair! This is normal and to be expected. Again, I am not phoning ppl because I am too tired and often find myself having to go back to bed at a moment’s notice. Swallowing is better and throat swelling is some better. We have been so lucky to have so many wonderful friends who have brought GOURMET food (lately Barbara and Chris!) and friends who brought flowers and plants and wow! Just so overwhelmed with all the kindness. I am walking slowly and that is to be expected because I am still quite weak and my HR goes up too far if I push it. I am so so glad to be home in my own bed for a week now! Remembering that they unfolded my cerebellum and pushed my brain back in place and then did all the fixing of my skull and neck I guess it would be a long recovery…plus I have not slept worth sh+t for over a year. BTW my surgeon said my fascia is shredded so it is good to have the opportunity to have titanium where my body’s general tissue is not working well.
I am still blenderizing food but I can swallow some things w/o grinding it now, like cheeses. I can even get my mouth open farther so maybe in a month or so I can get that broken tooth fixed from anesthesia!
I have to plan now soon for August the Two! It takes time for the Princess/Goddess to get to full battle readiness!
Hi Ruth,
ReplyDeleteWelcome home!! So good to hear your progressing, just rest and heal.
We’re thinking of you. Xo Jill and Mike
Wow. Since you can’t see your incision, let me tell you, it looks lovely! Is that a tattoo I see? Maybe the surgeon left her signature. 😂 Keep up the healing.
ReplyDelete