Happy Easter, Passover, Ramadan, Spring!
It is definitely a blessing to be alive after all this process. Feeling like I am still a bit in a tomb but getting better each day. It is hard to see progress unless I look back a week or so. I DID walk .75 mile yesterday by our creek (with Phil). Creek is running hard due to our needed rain. I did shower again and wash my messy graying carrot top. (I now think that besides being cold, and hungry, being dirty has to be one of the worst things about being homeless. Or in a war.)
For those having to have this surgery I want you to know (most likely!) you WILL get better and want to live again. Truly I am aware in the most intimate manner how long term unrelenting pain can wear a person down to the soul exposed. There comes a point at which you figure there is little hope of continuing. However. TAKE COURAGE. There is hope of relief.
I want to send a message of hope and relief to all those in Ukrainian who are fighting, bereaved, hungry, afraid, at the end of their ropes. Hold ON. There could be joy and life ahead! I have to somehow believe that there is a way that our thoughts and prayers can touch others. I have felt all of yours during this long process and am so deeply grateful of those thoughts and prayers. I hope that what we are praying can also touch those courageous women men and children fighting against that evil situation.
Ok enough Ruth! This is supposed to be about recovery but I guess my thoughts are about recovery in a more expansive field than just little old me and the EDS sisters and brothers. Spring always comes. That is the message for all of you who are struggling.
Talk about recovery! I MADE a raspberry pie (OK It was with store bought frozen pie dough and my mom is rolling over in her grave but…) it looked good and tasted good warm with nice ice cream melting! And then I napped.
You had me at nap. 🤤
ReplyDelete