SIX WEEKS POSTOP!
Today I am supposed to be able to go most of the day w/o the hard collar, but since I had to wear it for so many months prior I can only go w/o for several hours interspersed in the day. My shoulder muscles are unhappy about keeping that big brain up! THe incision looks great I think; the sticky stuff from the around the incision comes off little by little as everything under is healed. The hair tends to pull off with it so it will be a badass scar! Slowly. I am having likely one less nap a day or so; at least one in the AM and PM or I am ready to bed at 5:30 PM! I have been walking but decided it is better to try shorter spurts than all at once. Swallowing slowly better but it could take a full additional month of course.There is still swelling around my neck front and also the back swelling is less solid, slowly ebbing. I am also able to slow down on pain meds. All in all my current situation is SO MUCH Better than prior to surgery! I may go out today in the car for a short drive to see how that goes. Still so thankful for all the food! I realize my usual cooking is too hard for me, although Phil really is learning something other than Tostitos!
We are So so thankful for all of the friends and relatives that have been SO kind and helpful!

Wow Ruth! Your progress is incredible. I’m so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteI know a bunch of people that would like to have a big brain like yours.🙃
This is Jackie by the way. Obviously Google things I need to be anonymous today so someone must be looking for me.
Delete