Update from Ruth at Home
Just a quick update to let you know that I went to my primary care doc and everyone very happy with progress. I am not and cannot push myself anyway. My incision is healing: next week is a month and midweek I can wash my hair finally and also get water on the incision for the first time.
People have been so lovely and bringing over food (YUMMMM) and flowers! Phil got quite a bit done while Matthew was here so he got more caught up. Matthew was a huge help also emotionally for me (Moms love to see their boys!) So we are doing great. I am not phoning people because my voice and throat are still healing. And also my swallowing is still problematic but slowly getting better. I am still blending foods and thicks are working best. It will take time.
For anyone else having this surgery: Just know having your skull sawed open and shoved back into the right place takes time as does the recovery from the fusion. So do not plan Big Things for after surgery. Also for me it has been amazing how the brain explosion pain is gone; dizziness is better; nausea is mostly gone; brain fog is going away. Wonderful!
Soon I will post a photo of me with my electronic bone stimulator around me. Really Star Trek!
I’m so glad to hear you’re doing so well, Ruth. There must be a book in there.
ReplyDelete