Almost 7 weeks: Positive Progress!
I WENT INTO THE GROCERY STORE (masked) AND SHOPPED!!! Albeit briefly and didn’t drive yet, BUT so excited! Before surgery I could NOT shop b/c I would get dizzy just looking at the colorful food items and turning my head to look at things would send me into a clutching kneeling mode on the grocery cart. This was amazing! Short but amazing look at real veggies and fruits.
Going over bumps in road is less problematic because now it is joint aching not the intense nerve pain. Getting closer to being off Norco too. I floated a bit in pool (carefully) and also have been doing the very slow walks; 10 min on the stationary bike at lowest level to keep my left knee movable.
I really do finally feel like I may be getting to a better place in recovery!
I also MADE DINNER over the weekend! Homemade pasta red sauce in crockpot and some quinoa pasta plus a baked fresh fruit compote w whipped cream.
I do notice the “no Celebrex” still because of all the other aches.
Also still having the swallowing issues but there is still some edema there so I suspect we are looking at a couple more weeks or so minimum. (They said up to 10 weeks or so.)
I am pretty much at two naps a day (sometimes more but…) this is better alertness. Still cannot sit up for hours at a time. Unsure how long before I have to lay down. I will start to quantify that. I am pretty sure I have POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome) so I am working to get stronger, keep hydrated, and also have enough sodium.
YIPEEEEE!!
Comments
Post a Comment