Seven Week Report
OK for those EDS patients having my same surgery, it is important to remember that your basic disease is still there. So today I awoke at 7 week mark with a great arthritis flare. No issue with the weather (beautiful sunny 80 degrees) but every effing joint was achey and sore as I hobbled downstairs for coffee. In any case, this also revved up the issues with the healing nerves etc in my head and neck and the swallowing and upper back, trapezius is just a sore and tight like a new bone muscle mess. I realize I went to a grocery store plus cooked a bit yesterday but I really do not think that is the issue. It would not be like this. Also please remember that you cannot be on anti inflammatory drugs like Celebrex, ibuprofen etc until after 3 months so you can heal better at the fusion. In any case it is unfun to have a reminder of the bad days. However, again I remind myself that the horrible head exploding pain is NOT there. It is funny how pain still becomes at the forefront of existence, and it really impacts living. it is like suffering (as Victor Frankl said) “Suffering is like a gas, it expands to whatever space is made available to it.” (Or close to that.) So whether it is a tooth or little toe or a neck or head, there are of course degrees of pain but bad pain does expand to whatever space is available.
So, being that I love to garden on my decks Phil and I planted some planters today and that was helpful. Also floated in pool which is a luxury and soaked in the hot tub to help with the arthritis. So lucky we can do that! Also being that we could be on the edge of WW3 and also the Roe v Wade decision, I am reading WW2 novels where the GOOD GUYS WIN! Great distraction for healing up!
Comments
Post a Comment