13 weeks: It is a Long Haul Recovery but I am On Target

 I was approved for PT so I met via zoom with the DC specialist who is also an OT, Emily Jeter.   She has a protocol for the rehab of these surgeries and will oversee the local PT who will be working with soft tissue and on site care.  She knows EDS. I am not sure I can find anyone who does know EDS here but I am hoping that she and also Zingman’s group can advise local people.   
I am happy to see I am on normal target for recovery and realizing this is no overnight process.  I had my ear repiercecd, my hair trimmed, and a pedicure so I am feeling more normal.  ( As if that would ever happen!?)
I do still have to rest several times a day.   If I do not pay attention to my body it makes me pay attention later.  I am attempting to get all the various therapists and appointments scheduled over the next few weeks.  This means a lot of calls and even those I have to space.Swallowing some better but PT said there is still some swelling due to the soft tissue issues and I need to be massaging front and back of neck.   No overhead movements to put any pressure on the cervical healing. Phil is supposed to use a laser pointer for me to practice my eye movements JUST LIKE A CAT! I have some fuzzy paresthesias up my neck and on my traps and down arms (less on hands) at times.   
All in all! PAIN IS SO MUCH BETTER!!!! I AM SO SO THANKFUL! 


Comments

  1. You look incredible, Ruth. I’m so glad to read about your progress,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jackie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

9 Weeks! Update

MADE IT HOME~!

Notes to EDS Patients having this surgery