14 weeks: Would love to be gamboling like a spring lamb….
I have been attempting to do more “normal life” but talking to a relative on the deck (meaning I was sitting up for about 5 hrs w/o stopping) was too much for me. The next day was a couch laying day. I have been able to get some referrals set up though. Still waiting for the swallow assistance (it is still an issue…so eating out is not very easy for me!). But I do have a July 14 UCSF neurosurgeon meeting. This gentleman was chosen by the docs there to be mine b/c he evidently has experience with EDS. SO does my new ophthalmologist! I could not believe it! I was so excited to have someone understand me! My left eye cataract can/should wait til I am more recovered. Shooting for next year maybe. PT is set up for early July. I am following the east coast PT’s advice for now. A mile walking is much easier (most days) AND I can swim carefully as the east coast PT has recommended. Ahhhh!!! So I AM making progress! It is important for me not to get over-anxious to do things (because I get a bit depressed after a set back). I have to remember the HORRIFIC pain I was experiencing and how my head felt like it was in a set of vises or ready to blow off. I am SO lucky that is gone. And being back on my Celebrex now, my other joints are better (PHEW!). So when the ribs/feet etc dislocate it is less painful. I am deeply thankful for each day as I realize how that vertebral artery was being damaged. Could have been way different!
We are excited to see relatives and also Phil the Rev is officiating the beautiful wedding (outside w masks) so I will do my best to participate w/o getting too sore!
Healing would be so much easier if one was lazy - which you are not. I know how difficult it is to “measure out” the healing process. But you are doing amazing work and I’m so excited for you finding people who get you and what you’ve been/going through. Fight on, woman behind the plow!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA well You KNOW it Jackie! The PLOW is ready for the sowing!
Delete