15 Weeks! PT and Speech Therapy

 July 2 I was able to go to our friends’ wedding rehearsal and outside eating of soup and mashed potatoes! Also a wedding where the Rev Phil officiated but I just couldn’t last more than about 3 hrs total. But I am way stronger! Started speech therapy this week and also PT.  Swallowing is likely due to my body adjusting to the screws and architecture there in my throat.  There is still swelling also which PT helped with the massage.   I have tons of exercises to do until I see the UCSF neurosurgeon (now on 21st July due to him being double-booked).   Everything is getting better just slowly. OK well I AM 70 after all!  I find really my only pains are the usual (joints but they are better except for the occasional flare) and also the neck muscles and nerves going down into my shoulders.   But so so much better than before that I hardly dare to say a word about it!

Fourth of July weekend and I am embarrassed by our Supreme Court and worry about our future but I DO have to focus on healing! 



Comments

  1. You’ve been through a lot, Ruth, so you can say whatever you wanna say. :-)

    I loved reading about your updates and watching your progress. You’re the strongest woman that I know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

9 Weeks! Update

MADE IT HOME~!

Notes to EDS Patients having this surgery