5 Months!
Hi I have not been posting because my progress is slower than I would have hoped. But I am not a SPRING chicken. Also I went to the 3 day EDS international annual conference virtually and listened to many speakers. This was focused more on pediatrics but I also learned about the need for more protein, potential issues with ferritin levels, exhaustion, electrolyte issues, also the length of time for healing is extended. The speaker said not to consider that you are part way until six months.
Still working hard with PT: got to 1.5 miles twice so far. It felt Ok but but sciatica and butt is acting up (of course). Some days are very achey but most days are 0-1 tramadol. I still use the 30 min. daily bone stimulator, wear my neck brace at night and in all conveyances. I can lift 3# biceps but still 2# triceps. Swimming still with the board. And so on. Rehab takes over 3.5 hours plus rests and naps every day and some days I switch and do only some exercises due to pain or exhaustion.
BUT I am SO SO THANKFUL I had this surgery!!! that horrible pain is gone! I still have spasms on L on face but it is not the explosion and ear bleeding pain. Just a bit of spasms and paresthesias on neck and down chest and part of L arm.
Weather has been perfect and I am so thankful to be here and trotting back and forth by the creek on the path.
The question that I have for you… Is can you drink wine? That’s the true sign of a recovery on its way.
ReplyDeleteYES I CAN!!
ReplyDelete