Nine Months!

 

 Note the dark brown hair growing in from the area that was shaved!
Very weird! 

There are so many things I can do now that I could not do a miserable year ago watching the ice storms roar in our hotel by the freeway in Maryland! I can walk a mile however lately my lower back disc issues have been a problem so I have been using a cane temporarily; but the cane irritates the nerves in my left hand up to my neck so that I have to gauge how long to use it.

We took a trip up to Mendocino for an overnight there by the water and it was over 2 hrs and 3 hrs in the car so that was awesome! The vibrations used to be too hard after 45 minutes or less.  So looks like I can take car trips!  I will be careful and get out and move etc but this is liberating! 



I have struggled with some pain in my left arm and numbness and nerve pain in my right leg and foot. So I am back up to the double tramadol, I really would love to feel like I could go back to previous level of activity (like several years ago before the bad head pain) but I AM older.  And I need to be happy for being alive each and every day. And enjoy it!

ALSO! We have been able to travel to see the kids (Boston in Sept), Seattle group in October, and also had visits here from Lorna and also Layna and Zack. And I was able to do some wine tasting w them outside!  This is WAY MORE than I thought I would be able to do and travel on planes again!

And also: No COVID so far!!! 

I had my cat scan today and the report is not clear to me how well things are healing and will have to wait until I talk to the doc down in Marin.   We shall see.   More later! 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9 Weeks! Update

MADE IT HOME~!

Notes to EDS Patients having this surgery