Update from the PRISM Spine and Joint in Maryland

 As you may recall I tried to get to see a doc in MD (Alyssa Zingman) who was featured in the WA Post, but she was so busy I could not get in (this was about 2 years ago I think) Subsequently she had hired new physicians and therapists for her practice and greatly expanded it. I had a tele-visit with Alana Wright for about 2 hours. She went thru all of my therapies and current meds and treatments and symptoms.  She does feel I may have tethered cord syndrome which would make sense given my symptoms and the history of the Chiari 1.   Also I need a sleep study and a ferritin and CBC drawn.  I see my primary care doc tomorrow and will get these things ordered. I already have a ton of films, Cat scan, and MRI but I need a prone MRI also.  I would just love to sleep. I am waking up 5x a night with electric zaps going down my legs and then up to the BR.  So I am hoping we can get that resolved so I can get a good nights’ sleep.

I am swallowing better! That has been really evident over the last month I think.  

The constant electrical around my left shoulder, back, front, arm has been less and sporadic.  As has that pain, less frequent. Also the Right psoas muscle pain has been less constant.  That gives me hope for more of a epidural type treatment. 

I’ll update. It IS a HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9 Weeks! Update

MADE IT HOME~!

Notes to EDS Patients having this surgery