10 MONTHS!

 Hi there.  Yessireee it has been 10 months! And honestly I am SO MUCH BETTER w the head pain and pressure.  So glad I had the surgery! Every time I can walk, balance, try to think,I am relieved. I can read, and think. 

However, the surgery takes a long time to recover.  Not just because you may be osteoporotic so the fusion is taking forever to get bone in it.  Not just because you are constantly aware of wearing your neck brace in cars and I still wear mine at night since the fusion has not solidified. And after 270 treatments I am now finally done w my electronic bone stimulator.  But, still having word search difficulty or finalizing sentences ending challenges. This is the verbal fluency issue from cerebellum.  I still get tired quickly and this could be the generic EDS exhaustion or more, unsure. I suspect it is more like a year and a half to fully recover.  

I am girding my loins to deal with my lower back issues.  Pain is not that bad most of the time but I have some R leg weakness and also the pudendal nerve issues and burning down R leg.  I have had a Cat scan, X-rays, and an MRI. I see Dr. Arora’s PA at the Marin office tomorrow and Dr.Arora on 31st.   I have had the perineal PT and await my sleep study and the epidural injection is 2/3.  THAT is good news! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9 Weeks! Update

MADE IT HOME~!

Notes to EDS Patients having this surgery